Paying for Home Care Shouldn't Be a Financial Burden
Compassionate, professional home health care provides New Yorkers with a way to stay in their home for many years. Yet, many people fail to seek home care for themselves or family members because they assume the costs will be too high. The truth is, personalized plans and assistance options can reduce or eliminate the burden of paying for home care.
Before making plans regarding home health care, it's a good idea to learn more about the costs and available options that can help you avoid paying out of pocket.
What is the Cost of Home Care?
The cost of home health care can vary depending on the type of care you receive and your location. For example, care costs may vary from state to state, and hourly rates may differ slightly from daily or monthly costs. The type of care you receive can also have an impact since professional medical services can be more expensive.
Different Ways of Paying for Home Care
It's understandable to worry about the costs of home health care. However, financial concerns shouldn't stop you from getting the care you need or securing home care for a loved one. Thankfully, many people won't need to pay any out-of-pocket expenses for in-home care. There are several ways of paying for home care, including:
- Medicaid: If you live in New York, you may be eligible for Medicaid funding to partially or fully cover your home caregiver. At Elite Home Health Care, our Eldercare Navigator department will assist you every step of the way as you apply for Medicaid. We’ll take care of the filing process from A to Z, filing the necessary paperwork. It’s important to have an advocate on your side, and we’re happy to provide this service free of charge.
- Medicare Advantage: Medicare Advantage plans include benefits that offer compensation for a functional need, are used to provide care for an injury, or will lessen the likelihood of requiring emergency or health care. At Elite Home Health Care, we act as your personal Medicaid consultant to navigate the complex application process. It’s important to have an ally who understands the fine-details of how the Medicaid system works. We are your eyes on the ground and will be your personal consultant throughout the application process - all at no-cost to you as our valued client.
- Private Pay: Not everyone is eligible for Medicaid but everyone deserves the best home health care. Should you decide to pay for a caregiver in your home, Private Pay ensures that your loved one can receiving the best care in a hassle-free environment. If your insurance covers part of it, you can customize your plan so you can receive the best plan at the most reasonable cost. Elite Home Health Care offers private pay that is flexible and ensures you are in the best hands.
Sometimes individuals or institutions find ways to take advantage of payments provided by government institutions or insurance companies. Fraud occurs when government healthcare payments are used for a different purpose than for the reason it was issued.
If you suspect your funds are being allocated for expenses other than what they're intended for, you can report it. At Elite Home Health Care we are careful to maintain full compliance with all New York State and Federal legislation and regulation. We have a Special Investigation Unit (SIU) to assist Elite HHC in fraud prevention and to investigate potential fraud waste and abuse.
If you suspect fraud don't ignore it, report it. Here are 5 ways you can report fraud:
- Call our compliance officer at 718.925.2525 Ext 231
- Call our fraud hotline anonymously at 888-962-9226
- Email us at [email protected]
- Call our fraud hotline. Call the hotline or the Office of the Inspector General of the Health and Human Services Department, 1-800-HHS-TIPS (447-8477) 888-962-9226
- Call the Office of the NY Medicaid Inspector General OMIG 1-877-87 FRAUD
Affordable Quality Care in the Comfort of Your Home
No one should have to feel burdened by concerns surrounding the affordability of home health care. At Elite Home Health Care, we understand that navigating the many forms of government bureaucracy can be confusing. To help you avoid the struggle, our experienced team is available to help you through every step of the process. Depending on your circumstances, you may not have to pay anything to secure care for yourself or your family member.
Reach out to us at 718.925.2525 for a free consultation to get the services you need for yourself or a loved one.
Written by: Leah Ganz
Leah Ganz, RN, BSN is the Director of Patient Services at Elite Home Health Care. She has an extensive background in homecare and previously worked in various specialties including pediatrics, pain managemnet and internal medicine. She oversees allpatient services across Elite's departments.